A University of Delaware Jewish Studies Program lecture series, "Jewish Studies, Jewish Stories," will begin Wednesday, Feb. 14, and continue through spring semester with speakers on various aspects of Jewish life.
Lectures, held Wednesdays from 12:20-1:10 p.m., are free and open to the public, but can also be taken by UD students as a one-credit course (JWST 201: Issues and Ideas in Jewish Studies). The lectures will take place in 206 Alison Hall West.
- Feb. 14 - Rabbi Michael Beals, Congregation Beth Shalom
- Feb. 21 - Dr. Leslie Reidel, Theatre Department
- Feb. 28 - Dr. Yda Schreuder, Department of Geography
- Mar. 7 - Dr. Julia Oestreich, University of Delaware Press
- Mar. 14 - John Elzufon, Jewish Community Relations Council
- Mar. 21 - L. Rebecca Johnson Melvin, Special Collections and Museums, UD
- Apr. 4 - Dr. Sarah Wasserman, Department of English
- Apr. 11 - Dr. David Winkler, Department of Languages, Literatures & Cultures
- Apr. 18 - Dr. Roger Horowitz, Hagley Library and University of Delaware
- Apr. 25 - Steve Gonzer, Halina Wind Preston Holocaust Education Committee
- May 2 - Dr. Rebecca Davis, Department of History
- May 9 - Dr. Allan Zarembeski, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
A flyer is available for download here